Friday, April 03, 2009

"St. Pete--Day 1"
Greetings from the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, the season opener for the IndyCar Series and race number two for the American LeMans Series.
I'll blog a few pictures from the paddock later on. The ALMS prototypes and GT cars will qualify later this afternoon--we'll snapshot the overall polesitter.
Also going on this weekend is my 800th Radio-Road-Test. I am testing a Ford F-150 Lariat 4x2 with a five and 1/2 foot box seating for four and a V8 engine which will launch the vehicle from 0-60 in the eight second range (I gotta save the exact figures for the radio program which will likely air the week of June 3, 2009). Mileage bumps 20 on the highway...16.5 combined +/-.
I'll blog a picture of the test vehicle later in the weekend. The skies opened up this morning and washed all the Alligator Alley dust out of the box.

No comments: