Wednesday, April 16, 2014

2013 Test Year in Review

2013 Test Year Summary
 
This is something I should have done sooner.  Now that I've semi-retired, and no longer cover auto racing, I have time to dot the i's and cross the t's.  This summary of my 2013 Test Year for Radio-Road-Test is part of that.
 
I produced my 1000th episode of the program, with a roadtest of the Cadillac ATS, which won North American Car of the Year for 2013.  I didn't know it at the time, but I also got a jump on testing Chevrolet's 2014 North American Truck of the Year, the Chevy Silverado, when I drove its cousin, the GMC Sierra back last summer.  I expect to produce my 1050th episode of the program in May, 2014.
 
Now to facts/figures:
 
Total Miles Driven          35,316
Average Miles Per Test:       679
 
Average 0-60 Time Over all 52 Vehicles:    7.3 Seconds (timed in traffic conditions with a KAT Matrix Accelerometer)
 
Average Fuel Economy Observed over all 52 Vehicles:     27.6 Miles Per Gallon
 
Cost (sticker price) of all 52 Test Vehicles:     $2,068,834
Average Sticker Price of a Test Vehicle:     $39,785
 
You may listen to any 2013 Test Year episodes, along with this week's broadcast, by pointing your browser to msrpk.com/archive.html  You may also subscribe to our weekly podcast, which, thanks to advertisers, will not cost you anything but the time it takes to download to your computer, tablet or smartphone.
 
I sincerely appreciate your listening, comments, and your Twitter follows.
 
 

No comments: